Tue, Feb 06|
EJGP Full Network Meeting: Community Benefits Agreements
Join us for our first Full Network meeting of 2024! Our tentative topic for our February meeting will be Community Benefits Agreements. What are they? How are they used and why? What are some common challenges and opportunities associated with them? Join us to find out!
Time & Location
Feb 06, 2024, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM EST
About the Event
- Malik Bankston, Community Advocate, Independent Consultant, and former Executive Director of the Kingsley Association (email contact at email@example.com)
- Bob Damewood, Senior Staff Attorney at Regional Housing Legal Services (email Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meagan Niebler, Community Democracy Program manager at Fair Shake Environmental Legal Services (email Meagan at email@example.com)
- Carl Redwood, Community Advocate and Project Director of the Pittsburgh Black Worker Center (email Carl at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob's CBA Introduction Presentation
- Notes to our Breakout Room discussions
- All-In Cities’ Community Benefits Agreements Toolkit
- Fair Shake Legal Services’ resource document on CBA’s, with references to the community benefit ordinances of Detroit and Richmond, CA
EJGP's Full Network serves as an opportunity for organizations and individuals to meet and discuss pressing interconnected issues in the region. The network meets bi-monthly and typically invites 1-2 speakers that work in the region to highlight some of the areas within Greater Pittsburgh and present on their importance, the issues of equity, and intersections that exist within these areas.